The Dubai Water Canal project is more than half complete, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced. Dubai Water Canal project is another attraction to look forward in UAE, it is situated next to Al Safa Park along Sheikh Zayed Road!
What to expect?
- 7 kilometer walkway – The Walk of Dubai Water Canal;
- Running track;
- Patios featuring interactive screens;
- Sitting areas overlooking the canal;
- Innovative lighting;
- Landscape – three-storey shopping mall with Rooftop Park;
- 605,000 square meters of commercial use – 500 shops and restaurants on both sides of the canal;
- 5,345 residential units linked to Al Safa Park and
- 948 hotel rooms.
Mattar Al Tayer, director-general and executive chairman of the RTA, said: “Work on the Dubai Water Canal Project is progressing according to the approved timeline and the completion rate of the project has so far touched 61 percent, while completion rate of bridges on the Sheikh Zayed Road has topped 70 percent. Construction works for the project are expected to be completed next August.”
He added: “The completion rate of bridges on Al Wasl and Jumeirah roads have reached 67 percent and are expected to be opened by the end of July this year. The completion rate of the excavation works for the canal has reached 52 percent and drilling works are set for completion by the end of September 2016.”